BitPesa is seeking a driven individual with an interest in frontier markets and strong understanding of B2B marketing to coordinate and execute our marketing strategy. Working under the guidance of the Head of Marketing and Communications, the Marketing Associate is responsible for the daily management of the organization's online presence and engagement through social platforms, as well as executing on a community engagement based strategy across our 10 active African markets. Administration in this role includes developing content strategy, brand awareness, generating inbound traffic, and cultivating leads and sales. The role serves as the face of BitPesa both offline and online across Africa. This cuts across the web, social media, messaging, phone and events.
- Help lead marketing efforts with a customer-centric approach
- Develop content to target specific customer segments
- Implement BitPesa’s digital marketing strategy, particularly with social media, to drive growth
- Contribute to sales and revenue for the company by generating qualified leads
- Help develop and implement user retention and reactivation campaigns
- Coordinate and oversee all events and conferences
- Build BitPesa’s awareness among digital communities, through content creation, reporting, and social media management
1. Social Media Marketing and online advocacy – Manage and grow the company’s presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and more, including being an advocate for the company on these channels. This includes:
- Curating content
- Social listening
- Overseeing design
- Monitoring trends
- Generating reports
2. Events and event planning – As BitPesa hosts customer-centric events once a quarter, the Marketing manager may be required to move that city to prepare for the event. As BitPesa joins a number of industry events such as conference and exhibitions, the Marketing manager will also help organizing the design and participation in such events.
Project Management – Help execute and project manage other campaigns and strategic initiatives
3. Analytics – Maintain social media and events reports and continually find ways to improve on marketing metrics through testing and new initiatives.
4. Business Development – Work closely with the Growth and Sales team to generate, target and qualify leads
5. Marketing Operations - After the Head of Marketing optimizes different channel strategies, the Marketing manager will be expected to help continue to implement them
- At least 2-3 years of experience in integrated marketing strategy, either at an agency or in-house
- Experience working in B2B marketing, preferably in finance, fintech or payments
- Understanding of marketing funnels, being responsible for leads, and proven track of record of working effectively with sales to achieve ambitious revenue targets
- Interest in building communities and generating awareness on Social Media and other marketing channels
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media Platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Detail-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical and disciplined to run marketing experiments and create detailed reports effectively
- Interest or experience in emerging markets such as Southeast Asia, Africa, or LatAm.
- Goal oriented with the ability to work under fast paced and high pressure environments